No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be*
Thing 10: This week I founded a twitter account. I have used it in a professional setting before through @CitySCHSlibrary . This is my first personal account. It’s been good to have access to such valuable information. It’s interesting to be doing Thing 10 the week when NOTW, a fellow Shadwell institution, has closed shop. A lot of commentators have written about the role of twitter and facebook in the downfall of the newspaper. #notw for more
Thing 11: I added Christopher Pressler from Senate House Library. As that's a library I use quite often I thought it would be interesting to compare his tweets and blog posts to my personal experiences of the library. I am also following some interesting people who work in HE such as @Sihophone I am still finding it slightly hard to navigate the site but that will pass.
Thing 12: I have decided to skip joining linked in for the moment. Speaking to colleagues and reading other blogs there seems to be a trend here. I might give it a go in the catch up week though.
One Extra Cool thing: I have a Facebook account already. I mostly use it “socially” but I have liked some “professional” pages on it. I like to research areas of interest on it as well. I enjoyed the film but like most people get annoyed by the constant changes in security or set up.
I liked the Orkney Library page.
* (Richard Hornshaw, 2011 Derivative Licence)
Yes, it's an interesting time to be on twitter as the notw story shows. Journos at the paper had their internet access removed and their mobiles blocked so that they couldn't tweet about what was happening.
ReplyDeleteInteresting to see how you find a work realted account compares with your new one.
Re LinkedIn. Please do have a look at this and blog further on what you think about it, even if you don't decide to join in the end. We're using the blogs to track your progress through the programme, so if you don't blog, we won't know what you think of it! Comments, thoughts etc will help feed in to any revisions of the programme next time around
Thanks!
Rowena 23 Things Team